Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Marcia and Vickie's Big Adventure

Well, it's an adventure, but it didn't start off the way we had hoped. My mother and Zach took us to the Lexington Airport where we thought we would take off for Cincinnati at 11:40 on Monday. It turned out there was bad weather in South Dakota, delaying our flight to Cincy. Sounds strange I know but we didn't fly out until 12:30. So when we got to Cincy, we had missed our connecting flight. We were then put on the 3:20 flight to DC, giving us a layover in Cincy. But we decided to make the most of it and went to Outback for lunch. We had a great lunch of cheesefries and that delicious brown bread they serve. We felt much better after we had loaded up on Carbs. We finally made it to DC about 5:30. Ronald Regan airport is not air conditioned and it is very humid here and it was terribly crowded. We finally collected our luggage and believe me if I had had to pack that luggage around too long before we got to the airport, I think I would have found I could do without a few pair of those shoes I packed. (9 pair) We arrived at our hotel after a very frightening ride on the hotel shuttle. I hope Zach never drives that bad. We had to just throw our bags in our room and take off for the "Meet and Greet" session. I am glad we got our fill of carbs at lunch because they served salad for our meal. Thankfully, they had wine to go with it. We were late so we just picked a table and sat down. The ladies we were sitting with were very nice but when they found out we were Decision Writers they kind of gave us the cold shoulder. We did not realize the "Meet and Greet" was for Legal Assistant training too. They went on to explain that in there office the attorneys were blocking the hiring of paralegals as decision writers, so therefore they thought we were attorneys, but we quickly explained that things were not like that in our office and that we got along well with our attorneys and that we had just recently been legal assistants ourselves.

All in all, we are doing well. Marcia's ankle is still swelling some and my ears are still hurting from the plane ride but we are safe and have nice clean hotel rooms. We plan to make the most of our time in DC. I will have more adventures later.

No comments: