Sunday, July 13, 2008

Alexandria VA - Old Towne

I have made it a whole week here in Arlington. I have rode the metro, shuttles and now a trolley. Marcia, Chad, Rainbow, and I (yes, her name is really Rainbow) went to Old Towne tonight. We took the metro to Alexandria and then rode a trolley to the waterfront where we had dinner at Busby's Pizza. It was fabulous. We really enjoyed the pizza and the conversation. Chad and Rainbow are attorneys that are in our Decision Writer class. Rainbow is from Wilmore KY but is working in the Dayton OH ODAR office. She usually acts as our tour guide. She has been to DC before and she understands how the metro works. She is great with directions, unlike me. She has been very helpful to Marcia, Chad and I. Chad is originally from Arkansas but is now working in the St. Louis ODAR as a new decision writer. Chad and Rainbow are both in there early 30's but have been great about letting Marcia and I hang out with them. Marcia and I think they should get together. They are both young and single.

We had originally set out to go to Alexandria VA to watch the fireworks as it is there independence day. However, the fireworks were suppose to begin at 9:30 and we didn't finish dinner until 9:40. By then, the fireworks were over. We were all a little disappointed but we had a good time any way. I was disappointed that I didn't get any pictures of the waterfront but I think Marcia and I can make our way back there without help from Rainbow. It is a straight shot on the Metro to there. Also, Christy has told us the Charter House is a good place to eat and it is directly on the water front. Alexandria was beautiful. Just like and old town. There were musician playing on the sidewalk and all sorts of other festivities going on. I can't wait to go back. Hopefully I will have pictures to share then.

No comments: