Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Princess Callie


I know that each and every one of you have been sitting on the edge of your seat since my last post to find out more about Princess Callie. She is my beloved calico cat. She just thinks she is a princess.

This cat is like no other cat I have ever had the pleasure of owning. She is by far the most lovable. Callie is always waiting at the door for me when I get home. Steve says she can hear my car drive up and starts meowing for me. She would be happy and content for me to sit on the couch all day long holding and petting her.

Callie is almost like having a dog. She loves to play fetch. If you will throw her toy mouse down the hallway, she will go and get it and bring it back and drop it at your feet. Sometimes in the middle of the night, she will bring her mouse for Steve or I to throw for her. Needless to say, Steve and I aren't up for playing at that time of night.

Callie is also like a dog because she like to lick you. I know dogs like to lick people, especially when they are glad to see you but I didn't think cats were that way until we got Callie. Steve doesn't like it too much at night when she licks him in the face. He has called her several names in the middle of the night, but Princess was not one of them.

She also like to chase a laser pointer. This is her most favorite game of all. All you have to do is touch the laser pointer and she is at your feet just waiting to take off after the light. I don't understand why that game is so fun. It is not like she can ever catch the light.

Callie is jealous. If Steve and I are touching, she has to be right with us, usually touching both of us. If we get in bed, and Steve puts his arm over me, you can bet she will find a way to get between us. If she gets too hot between us, she will sleep on my hip. That is sometimes dangerous for her because if I turn over in the night, she goes flying off the bed.

Well, that's enough about Princess Callie for today. I'm sure you are glad you tuned in to get the scoop on the Princess. Maybe I will have something even more interesting to talk about tomorrow.

No comments: