Friday, March 14, 2008

Exciting Day and Great Night!

Today is the day I have been working for my whole professional career. Today, I was promoted to Paralegal Analysis. I was so shocked. I didn't really think I had a chance at it. We were suppose to only have one slot open and they announced someone elses name. She is very qualified and has been working at ODAR for longer then me. I was happy for her. Then they announced my best friend as receiving a promotion too. I was very happy for her. She is a hard worker and how can you not be happy for your best friend if she receives a promotion. But then the chief kept talking and he said he had one more position and it was for me. I know that my mouth had to drop clear to my knees. I was so shocked. I am still having a hard time believing that I was selected.

That is my main fault. I don't have enough faith in myself. Maybe it is lack of self esteem. I want to work on that and give myself more credit. I have worked hard to get where I am and I deserve this promotion.

Tonight has been wonderful. My husband, son and mother took me out to dinner to celebrate. They all told me how proud they were of my accomplishment. We went to the Mexican resturant and celebrated with margaritas. My favorite. The food was great as well as being with my family. If only Daddy could have been there.

1 comment:

Team Mitchell & Crew said...

YIPPEE VICKIE YIPPEE VICKIE

We are so happy for you! Go knock em dead!!!