Sunday, March 23, 2008

Great Easter Weekend

This has been a great weekend for many reasons. First, my husband, Steve, did not have to work. We got to sleep in and then Steve, Zach and I went out for breakfast before Zach went to baseball practice. Then Steve and I spent the day running errands. I know that doesn't sound very exciting but I really enjoyed spending the day with my husband doing mundane tasks.

My favorite time on Saturday was when we purchased a new gas grill. Mine went out in late fall. It was a terrible disaster. The knobs burned off. Can you believe that? My brother-in-law, Leo, says that a spider built a nest in the tubing that goes to the knobs and when I lit the grill it caused the nest to catch fire, in turn setting the knobs on fire. Sounds like a good explanation to me. (At least, this way it isn't my fault. My husband is always making fun of me about burning things. That is definitely a good topic for another post. I only have small fires.)
Back to the grill story. Here is my son, Zach, admiring our new grill. I love to cookout and ever since the fire incident, I have had to fry way more foods than my family needs fried. Grilling makes dinner quick and easy. I even have a side burner and a gridle to use on this grill. Saturday night, Steve grilled out hamburgers. They were so good, the only thing that would have made them any better was if I had had a garden tomato to go with it. I plan to have tenderloin later this week.
Sunday was a good day also. I got to sleep in again and I prepared breakfast for my family. It isn't often when we can have breakfast together two mornings in a row. We just spent the morning doing household chores but I love that we were all home working together. I even had an afternoon nap. It doesn't get much better than that.
Then we went to my Mom's for dinner. I really enjoy getting together with my family for Sunday dinner. Sometimes it is filled with chaos but it is always heartwarming. I love each and everyone of them. I get to hear about Lainie's swimming lessons, Trace's judo class, Kolbi's middle school friends, Kelsey's softball games, stories about Team Mitchell, and all about Clays Mill and Hannah McClure Elementary happenings. I know that some days there is chaos, even crying and screaming but most of all there is a lot of love.
So, that was my weekend. I can wait to see what my week brings. I will be sure to share it in my next posting.

No comments: