Sunday, March 2, 2008

Date Night

Steve and I rarely get a date night but this Friday everything just seemed to fall into place. Zach was going to the ballgame with his girlfriend and Mom wanted to stay in because of the awful rain. Dinner was great. My filet was cooked to perfection. Met with some old friend and was able to share parts of my Reno trip with them. After that we went to see a local play.

Steve and I don't usually go to plays. Steve really isn't a play sort of guy. If he had known there was also a wrestling match in town also, we probably wouldn't have gone to the play. I'm glad I didn't know about the wrestling match until the next day. I am sure he would have accused me of holding that information out on him. But he was a really good sport and took me to the play. I think he even liked it a little bit.

At the play we were greeted by a beautiful brown haired girl I have know since she was a baby. She was working the spot lights. I think she should have been one of the girls on stage wearing one of the fabulous dresses. She would have really lit up the stage. She has a wonderful smile. At the end of the play she was surrounded by friends, but didn't hesitate to give me a farewell hug. Her moma should be very proud of her.

The play was very exciting. It was called Sillouettes of Broadway. It was produced by a guy I went to school and church with back in the day. It had short scenes from various Broadway plays. Lion King was my favorite. It was very moving. I loved it.

I also have to mention there were two guys that have played ball with my son. One was a football player and the other a baseball player. I have to say they are much better at acting than ball playing. They both did a terrific job.

I really enjoyed spending time with my husband. It was like we were dating again. He even opened the truck door for me. He is such awesome husband. I love him more and more each day.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

What a great night...one of the benefits of kid's getting older is that you (Mom and Dad) start to have a personal life again...it compensates, a bit, for having our "babies" grow up. And it's fun keeping up with you this way, it's almost like being there...and you have a real talent for writing...Maureen

Marcia said...

As the Mom of that "brown haired girl", I AM very proud of her. She became involved with the play on a whim and ended up really enjoying the whole process. She thrilled at using power tools to complete sets, stayed up late nights to paint and sew costumes, and was "spot on" during the performances (8 in all). She never forgets friends - even ones she has made throught her Mom. She tells me how much she likes seeing you when she is out and about and how you make her feel good (hugs and all). By the way, this blog thing looks fun...maybe I'll start one! Love ya.