Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Birthday Shopping with the Fashionesta

I am very lucky to have 2 wonderful sister-in-laws that let me share there children. I have only one son. They have girls. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my son very much and I love my nephews as well. But I love shopping for little girls and my sister-in-laws let me share in there shopping trips with their girls. Sometimes they even let me take them on my own. What fun!

Last night, I had the pleasure of shopping with Kolbi, my middle school niece, and my mother. We were on a shopping trip for Kolbi's birthday. She is truly a fashionesta. She loves accessories. Anything from headbands, purses, funky socks, jewelry, sunglasses and every other kind of accessory you can think of. She also likes clothes.

When Kolbi and I get together, watch out. The dressing room will be stuffed with all kinds of outfits. We have an understanding, she will try on everything, she doesn't have to like it, just try it. Sometimes we get a good laugh out of an outfit and sometimes she is really surprised when she likes something after she tries it on that she thought she wouldn't like. I have to say that some of my favorite times with Kolbi have been spent in a dressing room.

Last night, we were very successful. Kolbi will be in high fashion this spring. She will be the envy of all middle school girls and all the little boys will like what they see.

I must again reemphasize my thanks to my two brothers and their wives for sharing their children with me. I am very fortunate to have these kids in my life.

No comments: