Monday, March 8, 2010

Icky, Sicky, Vickie

Sniff, sniff, cough,cough,cough, gasp, cough, sniff, sniff, honk, honk, sigh.  That has been the sound effects I have presented with this week.  It started out as just a little sore throat.  So I rushed and got my Zicam.  I took it religiously every three hours just like the bottle said.  However, it developed into a real sore throat.  But still as I went to the doctor to get my monthly B-12 shot, I asked if they could call me something in because I had serious congestion by that time with the sore throad.  The nurse said no problem.  I was thankful as my normal doctor has recently had surgery and will not be in his office for two to three weeks.  I go to the drug store to pick up the prescription and I see that it is only a mild antibiotic.  Normally, mild doesn't work for me but I am thinking that I have caught it early and it will be okay.  At first, I did feel better; however, I was losing my voice which my husband and son thought was quite funny.  Not so funny for me when I had to repeat everything two and three times.  Hey, I am gasping for air here, don't make me repeat myself.  I decided it could be the antihistamine that was causing the tightness, so I stopped taking the Allegra D and started the Musinex DM.  Well, that is some good stuff.  It works EXACTLY like the commercial says.  I have washed several of those little green men down my sink every morning since.  There must be an army of them inside me because I can't seem to get rid of them all and it sure isn't any fun trying.  (I'm sorry, I am sure that was more information that you needed to know.)  Today, I finally decide the Kefalexin is not going to cure me and call the office back.  I had several choices:  1) they will call in another antibiotic (this time they checked my chart and saw what I had the last time I had a sinus infection) 2) I could see another doctor that was seeing patients for my current doctor or 3) I could go to the immediate care center.  I chose the easiest route of having another prescription called in which may not have been the smartest route but I am hoping for the best.  I will start the Cipro tonight after dinner and I am hoping to have a miraculous recovery overnight or at least sometime soon.  Wish me luck!

No comments: