Monday, March 29, 2010

Eventful Day!

Well, there is lots going on today.  First of all I would like to wish my beautiful niece, Kolbi, a Happy Birthday!  I hope she has a wonderful day.  She was suppose to play in a varsity softball game tonight that I know she was looking forward to but it was cancelled due to rain.  I hope she was able to make other plans that were equally fun for her. 

Also, I started my day today by taking Zach to school and dropping him off to go on his Senior trip to New York for the week.  I believe he was excited.  I am excited for him too.  However, I about had a heart attack earlier today when in called and said, "MOM!  I JUST ABOUT GOT BLOWN UP!!!!"  Well, what comes to your mind when you think of New York and blowing things up?  Yes, that is right.....911.  Then he proceeds to tell me that they were at a gas station getting gas for the bus when a lady that was pumping gas drove off with the nozzle still in her gas tank.  He said that gas started spuing everywhere.  Fortunately, they were able to shut the tanks down.  He wasn't sure what happened after that because they had to load the bus and leave.  I hope he doesn't call back with any news like that again.  I am glad they are all okay and continuing on to their destination.  Watch for more interesting stories about Zach's Senior Trip.

I have also been very concerned today for my niece, Kelsey.  She is having some serious medical issues.  They began over a year ago and she has been treated for several different illnesses but so far nothing has helped.  Now, her doctors don't seem to agree with each other on a diagnosis.  I feel very sorry for her as she has been away at college and for most of this past year, many have not taken her complaints seriously.  However, now there is medical evidence that something is definately wrong but they are not sure what.  She is scheduled for more testing later this week.  I am hoping we will get some answers then. 

No comments: