Saturday, January 10, 2009

Please Welcome Our New Addition!

Richard Scott Mitchell, Jr. (Scottie or Hoss as some refer to him) made his arrival about 8:30 p.m. on January 9, 2009 (He will share his birthday with his Nanny Worthington!). He weighed a whopping 10 pounds and 3 ounces and was 21 inches long. A real hoss cat! I know at first we were calling him Tater Tot but he is so much more than that. I do not believe Tater Tot is very fitting name for someone that comes into the world weighing more than a whole 10 pound bag of potatos. Hoss is much more fitting. And I must say, Shawna looked better than any one has a right to after delivering a 10 pound baby. She was amazing! She looks great and I am sure she feels much lighter. Of course, Scott is a very proud Daddy and Lainie is going to be a wonderful big sister. I am sure she will make her little brother tow the line just as I did with my little brothers. Below you will find a few (LOL) pictures. And yes, I am the proud aunt, and so what if there are more than just a few pictures of our new baby and everyone at the resturant had to look at them last night. Enjoy!



Here he is with his Gran. He isn't even an hour old yet. Still a little blue looking.








Here he is with me, his Aunt Vickie.





Lainie will be a wonderful big sister. She takes her duties very serious.





Scottie is getting ready to take a hearing test. He passed with flying colors. His ears are in good shape.






Here he is with his Mom on Saturday (still not even 24 hours old). Doesn't she look great! Nothing like you would expect someone would that just gave birth to a 10 pound 3 ounce baby boy.







Here is Scottie with his first baseball cap on. Still a little big but I think it will fit before too long. This was from his Uncle Steve.






Quick! Someone call Coach Brooks. I think we have found him a new lineman!



Here is the whole happy Mitchell family; minus Brutus, Winnie and Red. All plan to be reunited tomorrow.





No comments: