Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Newest Addiction

Well, I am addicted and my sister-in-laws have caused it. They just kept talking about it and I just had to see for myself. I had to check out what all the commotion was about. I now have a Facebook account and I am addicted. I want to spend hours browsing for old friends but the best part is when old friends find me. I was contacted by a girl the I went to school with and have not seen in years. She is now a teacher, has 2 boys and lives in Louisville. I was friended (facebook lingo) by a guy that played ball with my brother. Who knew that he would want to talk to me 20 years later. It is a real boost to my morale. Of course it is also nice that my niece and her friend wanted to friend me too. I now have like 24 friends and I have only been on for about 2 weeks. Some people have hundreds of friends. I can't imagine having that many but it sure is fun. Sometimes I can hardly wait to get home and log on to see if anyone new wants to friend me.

The down side is that my husband is not nearly as enthused with Facebook as I am and wonders what the big deal is. It must be a girl thing but there sure alot of guys on Facebook so I don't thing that is it. Maybe it is because guys from my past want to friend me. Oh well, I will just have to fit it in where I can.

No comments: