Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Break was Too Short



We are back from Pigeon Forge/Powell TN. The first two days in Pigeon Forge were magnificent. The weather was about 70 degrees and sunny. It was so wonderful. Steve and I were pretty much on our own for the first couple of days. We enjoyed shopping the outlet malls and just exploring the sites together. I guess this is what it will be like when Zach goes to college.



We would sometimes meet with the group for meals or parent meetings but otherwise we just did as we pleased. Zach seemed to enjoy the 4 story cabin that the team stayed in on top of a mountain and we enjoyed our hotel. I would have, however, traded the dishwasher and the garbage disposal for a full size coffee pot and 2 coffee mugs. I think the dishwasher and the garbage disposal were overkill since there were no dishes in the kitchen. I don't understand their thinking.


On Thursday we moved to a hotel in Powell TN and that is when the rain began. The games were cancelled for the whole weekend. The boys were miserable cramped in hotel rooms (4 to a room). The only fun they had was when they realized the Bryan Station baseball team was staying in the hotel next to ours and they went the the CVS parking lot to play whiffle ball. However, the management at CVS didn't seem to like the situation and called the police. Both teams fled to their hotels. Fortunately, nothing came of that incident. We came home on Friday because the games were cancelled and everyone was beginning to get grumpy. Especially Coach Allison.

Today Steve and I took a ride in the country. We haven't done that forever and at the price of gas we won't be doing it again soon. However, we use to do it all the time. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. We took the camera and shot some great pics of turkeys, calves, and even a rabbit. I even picked some daffodils from the side of the road. They were beautiful.


Turkeys taking a walk.



A bunny rabbit sitting beside the road.






Cute little calf.






I love daffodils.



What a beautiful sunset. We have to go home now. It is getting too late to take pictures. We got some really good shots.

I have one more day before I have to go back to work. I think it will be spent cleaning and doing laundry but I have enjoyed the time off. It just went too fast.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I know that Christ lives and the Book of Mormon is another testament of Him. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is Gods true church on the earth.