Thursday, September 4, 2008

Recipe of the Day!

I have a great friend who recently fell down some steps and broke her leg and tore legaments in her foot. Some of the football parents went together and made meals and delivered to her for a few days until she could get back on her feet. I made my chicken casserole and took to her. Today, I received a beautiful Thank You note from her. She was also requesting my recipe. She said that she and her mom liked it so much they would like to have the recipe. So, I thought I would share with all. I hope you like it as much and me and my family do.

Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (You can use canned chicken but we perfer the real thing)
1 box chicken broth
2 cans of cream of chicken & herb soup (You can use just cream of chicken but I like this alot better)
1 large blue bag of Peppridge Farm stuffing mix (I use a little over half of this bag but I like a lot of the stuffing part but if you perfer less, buy the small bag)
1 stick of butter or margarine (I'm like Paula Deen, I perfer butter)

I cook my chicken in the crockpot while I am at work about 7 hours on low. When I get home (Preheat oven to 350 degrees), I remove the chicken from the crockpot and place it in a 9x13 baking dish. Shread into small pieces. I then salt and pepper it. Pour both cans of cream of chicken & herb in a bowl and add 1 cup of chicken broth. Stir together and pour over shredded chicken. Be sure all the chicken is covered in the soup mixture. Then melt butter. Pour the Peppridge Farm stuffing mix in a bowl and pour the melted butter on top and stir. Pour chicken broth over stuffing mix until all is moist. I usually use the rest of the box but you decide how moist you want it. Place baking dish is preheated over for 20-30 minutes. Casserole is done when soup is bubbling and it is getting brown on top.

Eat and enjoy. My family likes this with mashed potatos and green beans. I usually open some cranberry sauce to go with it. Yum!!!

No comments: