Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Arrival

Now please don't get confused. I told you about the new member of the mob in my last post but it isn't due to arrive until January 2009. Well, that is still the case but I want to tell you about my great niece that has just arrived on the Means' side of my family.

Skylynn arrived Friday morning after keeping her Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa awake all night long. She is 7 pounds 1 ounce and 19 1/2 inches long. She has a full head of hair the same color as her mother. She was about three weeks early but she sure doesn't look like it. She is beautiful. And here is where I would share a picture with you if I had one, however, I don't have one. I know you find that hard to believe since I take pictures of everything but Skylynn was in ICU due to low blood sugar and poor circulation. This is all very common for babies that arrive early. She is doing well and reports from her mother were that she was eating well. The doctor said if she was eating well she would be able to be released from ICU soon. So, no picture at this time but I hope to have one soon. I will be sure to share then.

Christina (Mom to Skylynn) is also having a few problems. Her blood pressure was elevated when we were at the hospital but who could blame her. She was scared to death when the baby didn't immediately cry and they took their time explaining everything to her. That in its self is enough to make you have high blood pressure, let alone all the poking and prodding they do to you after having a baby. You are sure that half of the hospital has to take a peek at your privates. I know when I had Zach, I was able to provide 3 nursing students an example of the largest hemorrhoid they had ever seen. Very embarrassing. I hope Christina doesn't have to go through that.

I want to say Congratulation to Rob and Christina for making sure a beautiful baby. I wish them all well. Photos to come later.

No comments: