Thursday, July 16, 2009

Early Morning Mishap

Each morning when I wake up and stumble to the bathroom my cat races me there. Why? you ask. Callie, my Princess, is above drinking from a mere bowl. She must have her water straight from the tap. I have to turn the water on in the bathroom sink and she drinks directly from the spicket. Anyway, this morning was no different from any other; however, as she jumped on the toilet to get to the sink, she lost her footing and splashed into the icy waters of the toilet bowl. She was not a happy princess, to say the least. Well, it took me by surprise. All I could see is her little head peering out with a terrified look on her little face. She was scrambling with all her might to get out. Just as I got to her, she jumped. Dousing me with toilet water. And, yes, this is all happening at 5 a.m. Did I mention, I am not a morning person in the first place. I scream, my husband jumps out of bed to see what awful thing has happened to his wife as she is making her morning stumble to the bathroom. He knows it has to be terrible because of the blood curdling screams that are coming from the bathroom. When he gets there, he sees one very mad cat who is soaking wet and his unhappy wife that is wearing toilet water and holding the sopping wet, mad cat. Well, did I mention, my husband is a morning person. He thought it was hilarious. Of course, he wasn't the one wearing the toilet water, was he. Quite a good chuckle for him. Not the way the Princess and I like to start our morning.

No comments: