Sunday, May 11, 2008

Meet the Mob Boss!


I want you all to meet someone that is very near and dear to me. My mom. She is jokingly known as the "Mob Boss". I guess you can say that she is the boss of the Mitchell Mob. She even has a licence plate on her car that says Mafia Town Car.


Now, before you start getting any ideas about what my mother is like, just let me tell you a little about her. She is a wonderful mother, even though her title doesn't reflect it. She is many thing to us in the "Mob". She is the doctor and the nurse, the lawyer, the loan officer, the secretary, the law enforcer, the inventor, the butcher, the cook, the baker, the housekeeper, the defender, the fighter of many battles, the coach, the cheerleader, the lecturer, the teacher, the grounds keeper, the taxi cab driver, the day care worker, the story teller, the grocerer, the personal shopper, the painter, the messenger, the fairy godmother, and many, many more things to us. I just can't think of them all right at this moment.


My mother has a very hard job. She keeps us all in line. She not only takes care of me and my brothers, she takes care of our spouses and our children too. Not that is not an easy task. We can be a roudy bunch. But she is the one that oversees us all. We are all very close. I am not saying that we don't have our squabbles, because we do. But we are all there for each other when it counts. We fuss and fight, but we also laugh and cry together.


I know you are still asking yourself, why is she called the "Mob Boss". Well, it started at a unhappy occasion. One of our very close friends had just passed away and we were all going to the funeral. My mother wore a black dress and both of my brothers and my husband wore black suits. Just in case you don't know my brothers or my husband, I want you to know that they are all big men. Rick and Scott are over 6 foot tall and weigh 350+ pounds. Rick is bald. My husband is 5 foot 10 inches tall and 300+ pounds. They all came to the chuch wearing sunglasses. As they were all helping my mother into the church someone said you all look like you are from the Mob and one of my brothers looked at Mom and said, "I guess that makes you the Mob Boss." and it has stuck to this day.


And just so you know, don't mess with any member of the Mob or the Mob Boss will be after you. Because believe me, if you think the three guys can be intimadating, you haven't seen my 72 year old mother shake her cane at you yet.


I love you, Mom. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with the Mob.

1 comment:

Team Mitchell & Crew said...

Leave the Gun - Take the Canoli.

Hail to the Mob Boss!! Love the Mob Boss. Respect the Mob Boss!